MUSEUM HILL

Wyeth-Tootle Mansion - built 1879. 

Designed by E.J. Eckel and built by  William and Eliza Wyeth in 1879.   This Majestic Structure was inspired by the castles on the Rhine River  in Germany.


Photos  / History

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...

Corby Mansion - built 1860 and 1882. 

Home built by Colonel Joseph Corby in 1882.  The rear two story Italianate Style home was built in 1860 and in 1882 a Second Empire three story addition was added.


Exterior Interior Photos / Video Tours / History

Henry Hansen House - built 1895. 

Queen Anne Architecture was built as a single residence for Henry M. Hansen, who was secretary of Hansen Coal and Ice Company.


Exterior Photos / History

The Nunning House - built 1887. 

Beautiful Mansion of the Queen Anne Victorian Style of Architecture. The home is of historical importance for its original owner (August Nunning) and his ties to Missouri's Brewery history.


Exterior and Interior Photos / History

Elegant

Museum Hill Homes

Below is a list of the rare homes in Museum Hill.  Click on the home to see interior photos, its history, renovations, video tours, and much more.  Take a walk through Architectural History.


Look for theFOR SALE or POTENTIALLY FOR SALE marks.  Perhaps you can be our new neighbor.

Styles of Homes - Click to see Detail Chart





The Dome - built 1899. 

The First Church of Christ Scientist building is known to be the most expensive church ever built in St. Joseph, costing more than $130,000 to build.


Exterior and Interior Photos / History


Currently a Venue - Click Link for Booking Info

Motter Mansion - built 1890. 

Built by Joshua Motter of the Toothe, Wheeler, and Motter Mercantile Company.  The Mansion burnt down in the 1990s and now only the carriage house remains.


Exterior  / History



Leave Comments for the Neighborhood

Edward Hamilton House - built 1851. 

Home of Edward Hamilton & his family.  First built in an octagonal shape circa 1851, it was modified to a Second Empire design circa 1876.  Craftsman style sun  rooms were added circa 1912. 


Exterior and Interior Photos / History